Dear Shaykh, this is a project which I have been thinking about for a while. It has to do with sending letters to journalists. I have divided journalists into three categories: those who are well-versed in deviant thought; those who are no more than an echo but do not really understand anything; and the ordinary kind who are not influenced by any ideology at all. The purpose of that is to guide those journalists who have gone astray. I have sent letters to a few of them, and I have had good and promising results, praise be to Allaah – especially from the women. This is by the grace of Allaah.
I need your advice. May Allaah reward you with good.
May Allaah reward you with good for your efforts to support the religion of Allaah and to save these people from kufr, rebellion and sin. We suggest the following:
- Remind them of their Islamic roots and make them feel nostalgic for their religion.
- Remind them of Allaah and the Last Day. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Their testimony will be recorded, and they will be questioned”
- Remind them of the seriousness of apostasy, and that the apostate does not deserve to live, according to the standards of sharee’ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever changes his religion, kill him.”
- Remind them of the foolishness of blindly imitating the west, and mention some of the bad things that happen in the west, quoting statistics, etc.
- Remind them of the blessing of their ability to write, and that this ability must be used to obey Allaah and defend His religion, as Hassaan ibn Thaabit and others did.
- Remind them of the seriousness of showing loyalty to the enemies of Allaah, and the stern warnings that have been narrated concerning that, and that adopting western thought and principles that go against Islam is a form of loyalty to the enemies of Allaah which puts one beyond the pale of Islam and constitutes apostasy.