Wed 16 Jm2 1435 - 16 April 2014
109270

Repeating Hajj

Is it good to do Hajj every year for the one who wants to do that and does not find it difficult, or is it better to do it once every three years or every two years?.

Allaah has enjoined Hajj upon every adult who is able to do it once in a lifetime; anything more than that is voluntary and an act of worship by means of which one may draw closer to Allaah. There is no proof that voluntary Hajj is to be done a specific number of times, rather that depends on the individual’s financial situation and condition of health, and the situation of the relatives and poor people around him, and the different interests of the ummah in general and whether he is playing a role in leading the ummah or supporting it with his wealth, and his status in the community, whether it will benefit them more if he stays home or travels for Hajj, and so on. Each person should look at his own situation and what is best for him, and give precedence to that.  

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. End quote. 

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas 

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood. 

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta (11/14). 

But he should not let five years pass without doing Hajj again, if he can, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah says: ‘How is it that I have granted good health and ample means of provision to My slave, and five years pass without him coming to visit My (House)?’ Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan (960) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah with all its isnaads (1662). 

And Allaah knows best.