Thu 24 Jm2 1435 - 24 April 2014
109274

He did saa’i for ‘Umrah before tawaaf

I went to do ‘Umrah but I did not know that tawaaf should come before saa’i, so I did saa’i before tawaaf. What is the ruling on my ‘Umrah?.

He does not have to repeat his saa’i, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood with a saheeh isnaad going back to Usaamah ibn Shareek who said: I went out with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for Hajj, and the people were coming to him, saying: O Messenger of Allaah, I did saa’i before tawaaf, or I did one thing sooner and another thing later, and he kept saying: “There is so sin, there is no sin, except for a man who vilified the honour of a Muslim man; he is a wrongdoer who has sinned and is doomed.”  

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions. End quote. 

Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas 

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Razzaaq ‘Afeefi, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood. 

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta (11/320).