Sat 19 Jm2 1435 - 19 April 2014
13369

Doing Sa’ee without wudoo’

When I did Sa’ee between al-Safa and al-Marwah, my wudoo’ became invalidated, and I could not go out to renew my wudoo’. This happened to me during Tawaaf al-Wadaa’ as well. 
What is the ruling on one who does Tawaaf and Sa’ee and does not have wudoo’? May Allaah reward you with good.

Your Sa’ee between al-Safa and al-Marwah is valid, even if it was done without wudoo’, because that is not a condition of Sa’ee. But your Tawaaf al-Wadaa’ was not valid, because one of the conditions of Tawaaf is that you should be taahir (pure). So you have to repeat it so long as you are still in Makkah, but if you have left and gone back to your country, then you have to have a sacrifice offered in Makkah and given to the poor. 

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad. 

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’ – Fataawa al-Lajnah, 11/264.