Sat 19 Jm2 1435 - 19 April 2014
146624

He died and left behind a mother, a wife, a son and two daughters

I hope that you can answer my question in detail: how much does each person get of the inheritance?
My father died and left behind a mother, a wife, a son and two daughters. The value of his estate is 172, 679 riyals.

If a man dies and leaves behind a mother, a wife, a son and two daughters, and there are no other heirs apart from these, then the estate is to be divided as follows: 

The mother gets one-sixth, because there are offspring who inherit. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“For parents, a sixth share of inheritance to each if the deceased left children”

[al-Nisa’ 4:11]

The wife gets one-eighth, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but if you leave a child, they get an eighth of that which you leave”

[al-Nisa’ 4:12]

The rest goes to the children, with the male getting the share of two females, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah commands you as regards your children’s (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females”

[al-Nisa’ 4:11]

So the division of the estate is as follows: 

The mother’s share is 28,779.80 

The wife’s share is 21,584.80 

The son’s share is 61,157.14 

The share of each daughter is 30, 578.50 

And Allah knows best.