Thu 24 Jm2 1435 - 24 April 2014
151576

He died and left behind two wives, four sons and two daughters

I hope dear you will be fine.
I have a question about the distribution of wealth how to distribute suppose there is a person having two wives one wife have two children one son and one daughter and the other have four one is daughter and three sons a person accidentally died now how to distribute its wealth in family if the total wealth is one lac (Rs 100000/=) awaiting for your answer.

If a man dies leaving wealth and leaves behind two wives, a son and a daughter from the first wife and a daughter and three sons from the second wife, and his estate was one hundred thousand riyals, then it is to be divided as follows: 

The wives get one eighth, to be divided between them, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…their (your wives) share is a fourth if you leave no child; but if you leave a child, they get an eighth of that which you leave …”

[an-Nisa’ 4:12] 

The children get the rest, with each male getting the share of two females, because Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“Allah commands you as regards your childrens (inheritance); to the male, a portion equal to that of two females”

[an-Nisa’ 4:11]. 

When the estate is divided, each wife gets 6,250; each son gets 17,500 and each daughter gets 8,750. 

And Allah knows best.