Search Options:

Search In:

20020: The Ruling of obtaining a Bible

Am I entitled to obtain a copy from the Bible to know the book Allah sent to Jesus? And is the existing Bible aurate for I heard that the true one did sink in the Euphrates?

Published Date: 2001-05-12

It is not permitted to have any of the books prior to Islam because of the following :

-         Anything helpful in them, Allah illustrated in the Qur’an.

-         The Qur’an contains what makes one in no need of such books.

Allah, Subhanahu Wata’ala, says, “It is He who has sent down the Book ( the Qur’an ) to you ( Mohammad ) in truth, confirming what came before it. “ therefore, everything useful in these Books is mentioned in the Qur’an.

With regard to the second question, the words sent by Allah to Jesus and of which we may benefit are already in the Qur’an. Furthemore, the existing Bible is distorted, for there are four different scripts, each of which is violating the others. But seekers of knowledge who have the sight to differentiate between truth and wrong can study these books to refute what evil they include. 

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen may Allaah have mercy on him.

al-Da’wah magazine, no. 1789, p. 43.