2044: Reciting Qur’aan and Sayyid al-Istighfaar in Sujood

I would much appreciate your reply with regards:
the permissibility of reading the SAYYIDUL ISTIGHFAAR during our sujood followed be some verses from the Holy Qur'an.

Reciting Qur’aan in sujood is not allowed because of the hadeeth narrated by Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Indeed I have been told not to recite Qur’aan in rukoo’ and sujood.” (Reported by Muslim, 738). But if some words from the Qur’aan are recited as du’aa’, such as (interpretation of the meaning): “Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!” [al-Baqarah 2:201], then there is nothing wrong with this. As for reciting Sayyid al-istighfaar (the best form of seeking forgiveness) in sujood, there is nothing wrong with this, because this is counted as du’aa’. And Allaah knows best.

(Written by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak)