Fri 18 Jm2 1435 - 18 April 2014
2529

Wants to marry a girl who has repented of her past but his mother does not approve

AS SALAAMU ALAIKUM
I am interested in marrying this sister, that my mother doesn't approve off. My mother doesn't feel she is the right one for me. I am a virgin and the sister has a long sexual history. But I can tell that she has changed her behaviors and is practicing this deen better than i am. I would like to know, according to the Quran and Sunnah, is it a good idea to marry this sister.
I am humbly awaiting your response
AS SALAAMU ALAIKUM

You should treat your mother respectfully, and try to persuade her to agree to your marrying this girl who has repented and is practising her religion. But if your mother does not agree, and you cannot be patient and you fear that you will fall into sin if you do not marry her, then it is still permissible for you to marry her. And Allaah is the source of strength.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid