Sun 20 Jm2 1435 - 20 April 2014
85110

She can not wake up for Fajr prayer

ar
I would like to ask about the ruling on delaying Fajr prayer until sunrise. I mostly miss it although I keep asking my sister to wake me up. And I set the alarm but nothing really works.
Most of the time I wake up to turn the alarm off then I return to sleep unintentionally. Then I wake up after sunset. Am I considered sinful?
Please guide me to a way that I can follow to solve this problem. I feel so ashamed of Allah because of my continuous repentance, and of saying I will not return to doing the same sin again, to find myself doing the same sin again and again.

Sleeping and missing Fajr prayer may be due to negligence and shortcomings, or it may be due to sleeping deeply, which is natural for some people. But in most cases it is due to the former reason. Many people are careless about staying up late at night, or they do not take care to set the alarm clock, and if they do set it they do not pay attention to it, because they need to sleep after staying up late for a long time. 

We have discussed this issue in detail previously, and distinguished between the sleeper who has an excuse and the sleeper who has no excuse, in the answer to question no. 65605. What we advise you to do is sleep early. This is the best way to wake up. Otherwise the matter will remain difficult in most cases. Also use the alarm clock and cooperate with your family on this matter. Above all, ask Allaah to help you and guide you, and always do wudoo’ and recite dhikr before you go to sleep, and cleanse the house of images and other things that prevent the angels from entering. 

May Allaah help us and you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him. 

And Allaah knows best.