Thu 24 Jm2 1435 - 24 April 2014
97880

Ruling in buying products of the DXN company and participating in its marketing scheme

ar
I used the products of DXN which is a Malaysian company, and I have seen its results in the health of some people. But I am asking about the ruling on that from a shar’i point of view, because when you subscribe to the company you become a member of it, and have shares in it, in turn you build your own network. After you reach a certain level, you will get a certain amount of money every month, which will increase the more active you are.

It is permissible to buy from this company and others that sell their products that have a real and fair value, without adding anything extra because of your participation in marketing. But it is not permissible to take part in their marketing scheme which is called “multi-level marketing” or “pyramid marketing”, because this system is based on ambiguity and consuming people’s wealth unlawfully. Some Muslim and non-Muslim countries have banned this system of marketing, and have warned people against taking part in it. 

We have looked at their website and we have seen what they are selling and their system of marketing, and it is exactly what we have mentioned. 

We have stated in several answers the ruling on participating in this kind of marketing system. Please see the answers to questions no. 42579, 40263, 45898 and 46595.