- The Muslim Woman » The Woman's Ritual Purity.
- Jurisprudence of Acts of Worship » Purity » Menstruation & Post-partum bleeding.
- الزواج » Issues concerning marriage.
- Fiqh of the family » Kind Treatment of Spouses.
- Principles of Fiqh » Jurisprudence and Islamic Rulings » Acts of Worship » Purity » Menstruation and Post-Natal bleeding.
36740: He cannot be patient when his wife has her period
His wife ha a long period of menstruation up to seven days before she does ghusul. But he feels this time is too long to wait as his sexual epitite is so high, what must he do or what must she do to solve the problem?.
We have already explained in question no. 36722 that a man may be intimate with his wife in all ways apart from intercourse, because when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about intimacy with a menstruating woman, he said: “Do everything except intercourse.” Narrated by Muslim, 302.
The husband also has another permissible means of fulfilling his desire, which is masturbation by his wife’s hand. The evidence for that is the general meaning of the verse (interpretation of the meaning):
“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts from illegal sexual acts).
Except from their wives or the (women slaves) whom their right hands possess for (then) they are not blameworthy”
See also question no. 826
And Allaah knows best.