- Ramadaan Q&A » Things which invalidate the fast.
- Jurisprudence of Acts of Worship » Fasting » Fasting of Women.
- The Muslim Woman » The Woman's Fasting.
- The Muslim Woman » The Woman's Ritual Purity.
- Jurisprudence of Acts of Worship » Purity » Menstruation & Post-partum bleeding.
- Principles of Fiqh » Jurisprudence and Islamic Rulings » Acts of Worship » Fasting » Things which invalidate the fast.
- Principles of Fiqh » Jurisprudence and Islamic Rulings » Acts of Worship » Purity » Menstruation and Post-Natal bleeding.
37839: The dryness that happens to a woman during her period
What is the ruling if a woman fasts for one day after her period finishes, then the period comes back again? Should she make up that day or not?.
If the period ends for one day or one night during the days of the period, then the woman should do ghusl and offer the prayers that fall due whilst she is taahir (pure), because Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “When she sees the heavy blood, she should not pray, but if she sees the tuhr (white discharge indicating that the period has ended) for a while then she should do ghusl.”
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (Majallat al-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah, 12/102
The heavy blood is thick blood, or it was said that it means a lot of blood. Lisaan al-‘Arab, 4/46.