What will happen to the shaitaan after the day of resuruction?.
The fate of the Shaytaan on the Day of Resurrection will be the worst and most horrible of fates – we seek refuge with Allaah – as is indicated by a great deal of evidence from the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Allaah has stated that the Shaytaan is one of the kaafirs (disbelievers) as He says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘And (remember) when We said to the angels: “Prostrate yourselves before Adam.” And they prostrated except Iblees (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allaah)’
And the fate of the disbelievers will be Hell, what a miserable abode.
Allaah tells us that His curse is upon the Shaytaan until the Day of Resurrection, and that He will fill Hell with him and his followers. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being); then We told the angels, “Prostrate yourselves to Adam”, and they prostrated themselves, except Iblees (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrated themselves.
12. (Allaah) said: “What prevented you (O Iblees) that you did not prostrate yourself, when I commanded you?” Iblees said: “I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay.”
13. (Allaah) said: “(O Iblees) get down from this (Paradise), it is not for you to be arrogant here. Get out, for you are of those humiliated and disgraced.”
14. (Iblees) said: “Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).”
15. (Allaah) said: “You are of those respited.”
16. (Iblees) said: “Because You have sent me astray, surely, I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your straight path.
17. “Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful ones (i.e. they will not be dutiful to You).”
18. (Allaah) said (to Iblees): “Get out from this (Paradise), disgraced and expelled. Whoever of them (mankind) will follow you, then surely, I will fill Hell with you all.”’
Allaah tells us what the Shaytaan said when he was informed that he would be expelled and cast away from the mercy of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):
‘[Iblees (Satan)] said: “By Your Might, then I will surely, mislead them all,
83. “Except Your chosen slaves amongst them (i.e. faithful, obedient, true believers of Islamic Monotheism).”
84. (Allaah) said: “The truth is — and the truth I say
85. That I will fill Hell with you [Iblees (Satan)] and those of them (mankind) that follow you, together.”’
And there are other verses which describe the fate of the Shaytaan on the Day of Resurrection.
Allaah tells us that the Shaytaan will disown his followers on the Day of Resurrection. He says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘And Shaytaan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: “Verily, Allaah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allaah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers).”’
Let the wise beware lest they become followers of the Shaytaan, for his followers are the people of Hell – as stated in the verses quoted above – and the Shaytaan ‘only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire’ [Faatir 35:6 – interpretation of the meaning].
‘They are the party of Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, it is the party of Shaytaan (Satan) that will be the losers!’
[al-Mujaadilah 58:19– interpretation of the meaning].
Hence Allaah has commanded us to regard him as our enemy and to fight him, and to beware of obeying him and following in his footsteps. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy’
‘Did I not command you, O Children of Adam, that you should not worship Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, he is a plain enemy to you’
‘O mankind! Eat of that which is lawful and good on the earth, and follow not the footsteps of Shaytaan (Satan). Verily, he is to you an open enemy’
‘O you who believe! Follow not the footsteps of Shaytaan (Satan). And whosoever follows the footsteps of Shaytaan (Satan), then, verily, he commands Al-Fahsha’ [i.e. to commit indecency (illegal sexual intercourse)], and Al-Munkar [disbelief and polytheism (i.e. to do evil and wicked deeds; and to speak or to do what is forbidden in Islam)]’
We ask Allaah to grant us refuge from the accursed Shaytaan.
And Allaah knows best.