Search Options:

Search In:

NewFatwas

1 Guidelines on seeking permission to enter
2 It is Sunnah for the one who recites the verse Sabbih isma Rabbika al-A‘la to say Subhaana Rabbiy al-A‘la
3 Studying fiqh according to a particular madhhab, and advanced books about tafseer and fiqh
4 She has gone to her family’s home and is claiming that she is not married because the marriage was not documented
5 Ruling on saying “good luck” or “bad luck”
6 Refutation of those who quote the Holy Qur’an to reject the Sunnah and justify not acting upon it
7 He said to his wife: “I divorce you” or “I am divorcing you”
8 He is asking about reinterpreting the Qur’an and Sunnah to suit the age
9 Refutation of those who claim that the hadiths which speak of executing the apostate are contrary to the Qur’an
10 Do ultrasound images of a pregnant woman come under the same ruling as images of ‘awraat that it is haraam to look at?
11 Ruling on working as a tax adviser
12 Commentary on the hadith “People are like a hundred camels, among which you can hardly find one that is fit for riding”
13 Her guardians refused to arrange her marriage, so the local imam did the marriage contract without documentation
14 Importance of reflection and taking stock of oneself
15 Ruling on using money, stamps and letters on which there are images representing kufr
16 He is asking about increasing the size of the space that the believer will have in Paradise
17 He is asking about the significance of incorruptibility of the body after death of the followers of some religions
18 He is asking about the meaning of the word “Mahammadim” in the Song of Solomon in the Old Testament
19 Infallibility of the Prophets
20 The covenant taken from the sons of Adam is the fitrah
21 He said to his wife: If you do not do such and such, then you can go, or I don’t need you
22 Should she travel and leave her sister who cannot take good care of herself?
23 Ruling on drinking date and grape juice before it ferments
24 Ruling on using mobile phones and computers if it is proven that they contain gold
25 Did the Prophet of Allah Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) force the queen of Saba’ to become Muslim?
26 A hadith which says that a Bedouin came to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and asked him about many things
27 The imam always recites in Fajr prayer the beginning of Soorat al-Kahf and the end of Soorat al-Jumu ‘ah. What is the ruling on that?
28 False reports than attribute some linguistic errors to the Holy Qur’an
29 Should they join their father in celebrating the Gregorian New Year so that they can get some money from him for their mother who is poor?
30 Is it prescribed to say Bismillah fi awwalihi wa aakhirihi if you did not say Bismillah when beginning an action?
31 He makes a deal to sell perfumes then he imports them
32 The prohibition on masturbation is not from a medical point of view only
33 What is the concept of the Christian Trinity that the Qur’an declares to be false?
34 Could you tell me some of the deeds that the Messenger of Allah did during the Makkan period that indicate his confidence that he was indeed the Messenger of Allah?
35 Imam Ja‘far as-Saadiq
36 Zakaah on a deposit paid to a school, rental or phone company, or to show commitment when entering into bidding
37 Is premature ejaculation one of the defects that must be disclosed when wanting to marry?
38 Does it say anywhere in the Quran that Allah is perfect, with no shortcomings?
39 Ruling on one who is not able to see the wisdom behind one of the rulings of Allah and thinks himself to be more knowledgeable and wiser than Allah
40 Why do we send blessings upon the Prophet and his family in the prayer and not upon the rest of the ummah?
41 Why do we send blessings upon the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)?
42 Does saying “Yaa Muhammad” or “Yaa Muhammadaah” constitute shirk?
43 He is paralysed and finds it hard to go to the mosque
44 Is the hadith “Verily every Prophet has allies among the Prophets, and my ally is my father and the Close Friend of my Lord, Ibraaheem” saheeh?
45 Is it proven that when the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was born, he rested on his arms, raising his head to heaven?
46 Ruling on eating foods that contain L-cysteine (E920)
47 Concealing people’s sins is a matter that is subject to further discussion
48 Does he have to offer ‘aqeeqah on behalf of himself and his children after becoming Muslim?
49 A baseless hadith about the imam interrupting an obligatory prayer when his mother calls him
50 The wisdom behind the prescription to remove pubic hair and armpit hair
51 Is it permissible to pray “O Allah, if this matter is bad for me, then make it good and decree it for me”?
52 Describing the size of Paradise as being “as wide as the heavens and the earth”
53 Views of the scholars and doctors on the role of the man’s water and the woman’s water in determining the gender of the foetus
54 Commentary on the verse “Who made everything He has created good” [as-Sajdah 32:7]
55 If some pork falls into water and none of its characteristics are changed
56 Does the command to follow the Prophet’s family “Ahl al-Bayt” support the Shi‘i view?
57 He built a house and gave it to his wife instead of her dowry, and he lived in it with her; is it part of her estate?
58 Ibraaheem al-Khaleel (peace be upon him) is the best of the Prophets after our Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and he has nothing to do with any polytheists
59 She got married with a single witness and no guardian; is that marriage valid?
60 Eating seven dates in the morning and the impact of believing in that on the healing effect
61 Commentary on the verse: “And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance. Verily, you can neither rend nor penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a stature like the mountains in height” [al-Isra’ 17:37]
62 Husband uttering the words of zihaar in front of his wife by way of telling something that happened, asking a question or commenting on someone who said that
63 She is asking about halaal and haraam with regard to freelance work
64 Is it acceptable to call one’s wife by a shortened name that resembles a man’s name?
65 She has joint finances with her husband and she has children from a former husband, and she wants them to have a share like that of her child from her current husband
66 No father is accountable for his child’s wrongdoing, and no child for his father’s wrongdoing
67 There is nothing wrong with working as a train driver in a foreign country
68 (How should she interact with her son whom they abandoned in the hospital as an infant because he was sick and now he is resentful?)
69 If he buys land with unclear intentions, then he builds apartments on it for sale, does he have to give zakaah?
70 He prayed istikhaarah more than once about having surgery, and it was not clear to him which option was better; what should he do?
71 Apostasy of both spouses from Islam and the impact of that on their marriage contract
72 If she was forced into marriage and had a child, is the child to be attributed to the husband?
73 How can it be permissible for Muslims to use missiles and other weapons in war when it is prohibited to punish with fire?
74 Is it permissible for a woman to stipulate that her husband should not offer naafil prayers and so on, and is he obliged to fulfil that stipulation?
75 Riba-based student loans
76 Removing the word ibn (“son of”) from the chain of lineage
77 Ruling on gifts and discounts offered by the bank when loading a debit/credit card
78 Ruling on killing snakes
79 Why is plucking the eyebrows prohibited and circumcision permitted when both of them are changing the creation of Allah?
80 Will the aborted fetus be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection, and will he be asked the reason why he was aborted, as in the case in the female infant buried alive?
81 She is asking about gathering her hair together under the hijab
82 Specious argument about the prohibition on women visiting graves and the refutation thereof
83 Is kneeling in front of someone forbidden?
84 Ruling on the custom in some countries of holding the Qur’an over the head of the bride on the wedding night as she walks towards the groom’s car
85 How can the scholars say that noor is reflected light when Allah is noor?
86 Commentary on the verse “And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge” [al-An‘aam 6:108]
87 Is it permissible to ask Allah to grant me all degrees of Paradise from the lowest to the highest degree?
88 He has a problem with the way in which the children of Adam (peace be upon him) got married
89 Woman in Islam is for the purpose of building a life that is based on obedience to Allah, and is not to be looked at merely as a sexual object
90 The description of the breasts of al-hoor al-‘iyn is a lie and is a fabrication against the texts
91 Is making a commitment to give charity of a specific amount on a specific day an innovation?
92 She is suffering because of problems in the relationship between her and her husband, and she wants advice
93 He is asking about time: is it created? Will it exist in Paradise? Will time cease to exist?
94 Guidelines and reservations regarding hairdressing for women
95 Commentary on the verse “Thus did We plan for Yoosuf” [Yoosuf 12:76] and what this plan brought of goodness and blessings to him and to his father and his brothers
96 “The Secret” and “The Law of Attraction”
97 Stipulating acceptance of khul‘ in a single meeting
98 Is gesturing with the hand when quoting hadiths that speak of the divine attributes tantamount to likening divine attributes to human attributes?
99 He wants to pray to Allah to let him live until he witnesses the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) at the end of time
100 Ruling on celebrating Guy Fawkes Night or Bonfire Night