Search Options:

Search In:

NewFatwas

1 Is it permissible to rent property in order to give it as collateral for a loan?
2 Guidelines on taking means and measures
3 Artificial rainfall – facts and scholarly opinions
4 Ruling on covering up for someone who committed sin
5 What is the ruling on saying “Praise be to Allah to the ultimate degree”?
6 Is the hadith “If there were to be a Prophet after me, it would be ‘Umar” saheeh?
7 The hadith “At the beginning of every century Allah will send to this ummah someone who will renew its religious understanding”
8 The difference between hamd (praise) and shukr (thanks)
9 If the spouses disagree as to whether divorce has happened or not, then what counts is the husband’s word, unless the wife can produce proof
10 Suggested alternatives to electronic games
11 He wants to take out a loan with interest to set up a business that will benefit poor Muslims
12 He took a student loan and did not know that it is haraam
13 Ruling on having one’s tubes tied or having a hysterectomy because pregnancy exhausts her and temporary methods of contraception do not work for her
14 His father gave him money for his university fees but he spent it on other things
15 What is the ruling on eating vanilla when it is immersed in alcohol during preparation?
16 Is the husband obliged to spend on his wife if she is working? Does he have the right to take anything of her salary?
17 Does he interrupt a person’s prayer if he stretches his arm out to pick up something that is in front of the worshipper?
18 If his non-Muslim relative says to him I love you, can he respond in like manner?
19 He is living alone and has no job, and he is blaming Islam
20 What does it mean to say that affirming a divine attribute dictates negation of its opposite?
21 A Christian woman had a civil marriage, and she wants to have an Islamic marriage with another man without the first husband having divorced her
22 Refutation of the specious argument which suggests that it is permissible to work in a riba-based bank because it is not possible to avoid doing business with people who engage in riba in the modern financial system
23 How did the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) braid his hair when it grew long?
24 Is the wife entitled to a monthly allowance?
25 He divorced her thrice during a period of purity in which he had had intercourse with her
26 Evidence for the prescription of udhiyah, and whether it is obligatory or recommended
27 Is it permissible for the wife to save some of her money and her husband’s money without him knowing?
28 Ruling on working for a company that delivers various kinds of documents and parcels
29 Reasons for the difference of opinion among the fuqaha’ about reciting behind the imam
30 Is it permissible for him to take Canadian nationality because of persecution in his own country?
31 There is a girl who wants to embrace Islam but she is afraid of her family’s mistreatment
32 Some of the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) who memorised the Book of Allah, may He be exalted
33 Ruling on using a water purification system that wastes a lot of water
34 There is no contradiction between the description of the Qur’an as being clear and explained in detail, and the appearance of the huroof muqatta‘ah in it
35 Guidelines on seeking permission to enter
36 It is Sunnah for the one who recites the verse Sabbih isma Rabbika al-A‘la to say Subhaana Rabbiy al-A‘la
37 Studying fiqh according to a particular madhhab, and advanced books about tafseer and fiqh
38 She has gone to her family’s home and is claiming that she is not married because the marriage was not documented
39 Ruling on saying “good luck” or “bad luck”
40 Refutation of those who quote the Holy Qur’an to reject the Sunnah and justify not acting upon it
41 He said to his wife: “I divorce you” or “I am divorcing you”
42 He is asking about reinterpreting the Qur’an and Sunnah to suit the age
43 Refutation of those who claim that the hadiths which speak of executing the apostate are contrary to the Qur’an
44 Do ultrasound images of a pregnant woman come under the same ruling as images of ‘awraat that it is haraam to look at?
45 Ruling on working as a tax adviser
46 Commentary on the hadith “People are like a hundred camels, among which you can hardly find one that is fit for riding”
47 Her guardians refused to arrange her marriage, so the local imam did the marriage contract without documentation
48 Importance of reflection and taking stock of oneself
49 Ruling on using money, stamps and letters on which there are images representing kufr
50 He is asking about increasing the size of the space that the believer will have in Paradise
51 He is asking about the significance of incorruptibility of the body after death of the followers of some religions
52 He is asking about the meaning of the word “Mahammadim” in the Song of Solomon in the Old Testament
53 Infallibility of the Prophets
54 The covenant taken from the sons of Adam is the fitrah
55 He said to his wife: If you do not do such and such, then you can go, or I don’t need you
56 Should she travel and leave her sister who cannot take good care of herself?
57 Ruling on drinking date and grape juice before it ferments
58 Ruling on using mobile phones and computers if it is proven that they contain gold
59 Did the Prophet of Allah Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) force the queen of Saba’ to become Muslim?
60 A hadith which says that a Bedouin came to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and asked him about many things
61 The imam always recites in Fajr prayer the beginning of Soorat al-Kahf and the end of Soorat al-Jumu ‘ah. What is the ruling on that?
62 False reports than attribute some linguistic errors to the Holy Qur’an
63 Should they join their father in celebrating the Gregorian New Year so that they can get some money from him for their mother who is poor?
64 Is it prescribed to say Bismillah fi awwalihi wa aakhirihi if you did not say Bismillah when beginning an action?
65 He makes a deal to sell perfumes then he imports them
66 The prohibition on masturbation is not from a medical point of view only
67 What is the concept of the Christian Trinity that the Qur’an declares to be false?
68 Could you tell me some of the deeds that the Messenger of Allah did during the Makkan period that indicate his confidence that he was indeed the Messenger of Allah?
69 Imam Ja‘far as-Saadiq
70 Zakaah on a deposit paid to a school, rental or phone company, or to show commitment when entering into bidding
71 Is premature ejaculation one of the defects that must be disclosed when wanting to marry?
72 Does it say anywhere in the Quran that Allah is perfect, with no shortcomings?
73 Ruling on one who is not able to see the wisdom behind one of the rulings of Allah and thinks himself to be more knowledgeable and wiser than Allah
74 Why do we send blessings upon the Prophet and his family in the prayer and not upon the rest of the ummah?
75 Why do we send blessings upon the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)?
76 Does saying “Yaa Muhammad” or “Yaa Muhammadaah” constitute shirk?
77 He is paralysed and finds it hard to go to the mosque
78 Is the hadith “Verily every Prophet has allies among the Prophets, and my ally is my father and the Close Friend of my Lord, Ibraaheem” saheeh?
79 Is it proven that when the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was born, he rested on his arms, raising his head to heaven?
80 Ruling on eating foods that contain L-cysteine (E920)
81 Concealing people’s sins is a matter that is subject to further discussion
82 Does he have to offer ‘aqeeqah on behalf of himself and his children after becoming Muslim?
83 A baseless hadith about the imam interrupting an obligatory prayer when his mother calls him
84 The wisdom behind the prescription to remove pubic hair and armpit hair
85 Is it permissible to pray “O Allah, if this matter is bad for me, then make it good and decree it for me”?
86 Describing the size of Paradise as being “as wide as the heavens and the earth”
87 Views of the scholars and doctors on the role of the man’s water and the woman’s water in determining the gender of the foetus
88 Commentary on the verse “Who made everything He has created good” [as-Sajdah 32:7]
89 If some pork falls into water and none of its characteristics are changed
90 Does the command to follow the Prophet’s family “Ahl al-Bayt” support the Shi‘i view?
91 He built a house and gave it to his wife instead of her dowry, and he lived in it with her; is it part of her estate?
92 Ibraaheem al-Khaleel (peace be upon him) is the best of the Prophets after our Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and he has nothing to do with any polytheists
93 She got married with a single witness and no guardian; is that marriage valid?
94 Eating seven dates in the morning and the impact of believing in that on the healing effect
95 Commentary on the verse: “And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance. Verily, you can neither rend nor penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a stature like the mountains in height” [al-Isra’ 17:37]
96 Husband uttering the words of zihaar in front of his wife by way of telling something that happened, asking a question or commenting on someone who said that
97 She is asking about halaal and haraam with regard to freelance work
98 Is it acceptable to call one’s wife by a shortened name that resembles a man’s name?
99 She has joint finances with her husband and she has children from a former husband, and she wants them to have a share like that of her child from her current husband
100 No father is accountable for his child’s wrongdoing, and no child for his father’s wrongdoing