Sunday 10 Thu al-Hijjah 1445 - 16 June 2024

He committed zina with a woman and wants to marry her, but her father refuses


Publication : 23-12-2000

Views : 9492


I have more of a problem, than a question to ask. I have had a Muslim girlfriend for 2 years, but recently split up. I know that she feels the same way as me, and that we want to marry. The problem is that her parents have warned her not to contact me. If I was to tell them that I took their daughters virginity, will this give me the right to her hand in marriage. I know that it was a sin to do this, but I wasa doing it before I converted to Islam. Now she says that she must obey her family, but i'm so desperate to be with her (for the right reasons) and take her as my wife. In the country where she is from, there are 'religous police' if we had intercourse in her country, then they'd make us marry, but we don it in the UK, does this matter? Please help me, i'm in total dispear at this situation. I will do anything to allow her to become my wife. 


Praise be to Allah.

You must hasten to repent to Allaah from this evil action and major sin, and to ask for forgiveness and do a lot of righteous deeds so that Allaah may forgive you. With regard to the girl with whom you committed zina, it is not permissible for you to marry her unless you both repent to Allaah, it is clear that she is not pregnant and her legal guardian consents to your marrying her. Otherwise, look for a chaste girl and remember how grave your sin was. May Allaah forgive us and you.

Was this answer helpful?

Source: Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid