Monday 9 Muḥarram 1446 - 15 July 2024

He wants to make Hijrah to the Muslim world but his parents refuse


Publication : 07-05-1999

Views : 19826


My question is: what should one who ardently desires to perform Hijrah (from daarul kufr) but his parents prevent him from making it and they do not intend to do so either? Can he perform Hijrah on his own, that is, is he allowed to leave his parents in considering the lesser of two evils as well as obeying the Creator in disobedience to the creation?


Praise be to Allah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, who replied that if the parents need their son, and he is able to practise Islam openly in the kaafir country where they live, it is permissible for him to remain there. And Allaah knows best.

Was this answer helpful?

Source: Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen