- » .
- The Muslim Woman » The Woman's Ritual Purity.
- Jurisprudence of Muslim Minorities » Acts of Worship.
- Jurisprudence of Acts of Worship » Purity » Ritual Bath & its Rulings.
- الزواج » Rulings on purification.
- Principles of Fiqh » Jurisprudence and Islamic Rulings » Acts of Worship » Purity » Full Ablution.
10790: How to do ghusl from janaabah
How does one do ghusl (full ablution) to cleans oneself of janaabah (impurity following sexual activity)?
Praise be to Allaah.
There are two kinds of ghusl from janaabah – sufficient and complete.
Sufficient ghusl means that you rinse your mouth and nose, then you wash your entire body with water, even if that means plunging yourself into deep water in one go. Complete ghusl means washing your private parts and anywhere else that is contaminated with traces of impurity, then you do full wudoo’, then you pour water over your head three times, making sure that it reaches the roots of the hair. Then you wash the right side of the body then the left side.