Shaykh Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid
Shaykh al-Munajjid was born on 30 Dhu’l-Hijjah 1380 AH
He attended elementary school, middle school and high school in Riyadh.
Then he moved to Dhahran in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where he completed his university studies.
He attended the circles of:
Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillah ibn Baaz
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen
Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan al-Jibreen.
The teacher from whom he learned the most by studying under him was Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn Naasir al-Barraak.
He learned the correct recitation of Qur’an from Shaykh Sa‘eed Aal ‘Abdillah.
Other shaykhs from whom he learned include:
Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan Aal Fawzaan, Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn Muhammad al-Ghunaymaan, Shaykh Muhammad ould Sidi al-Habeeb ash-Shinqeeti, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Muhsin az-Zaamil, and Shaykh ‘Abd ar-Rahmaan ibn Saalih al-Mahmood.
The one from whom he learned the most in question-and-answer sessions is Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillah ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him), with whom he had a close relationship that lasted for fifteen years. He is the one who encouraged him to teach and wrote to the Centre for Da‘wah and Irshad in Dammam, advising them to cooperate with him in offering lectures, khutbahs and classes. Thanks to Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, he became a khateeb, imam and lecturer.
Imam and khateeb at Jaami‘ ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez in al-Khobar.
He has taught a number of classes, such as:
- Tafseer Ibn Katheer
- Sharh Saheeh al-Bukhaari
- Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah
- Sharh Sunan at-Tirmidhi
- Sharh Kitaab at-Tawheed by Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab
- Sharh ‘Umdat al-Ahkaam fi’l-Fiqh by al-Haafiz ‘Abd al-Ghani al-Maqdisi
- Sharh Kitaab Manhaj as-Saalikeen fi’l-Fiqh by Shaykh as-Sa‘di
He gives lectures on Islamic character on Wednesdays, and holds monthly classes in Riyadh and Jeddah.
He has shows on the al-Qur’an al-Kareem radio station called Bayna an-Nabi (sall-Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) wa Ashaabihi, broadcast on Saturdays at 2.05 p.m., and Khutuwaat ‘ala Tareeq al-Islaah, broadcast on Wednesdays at 1.00 p.m., repeated on Mondays at 6.45 p.m.
He has appeared in a number of TV shows and videos presenting various lessons, a total of more than 4500 audio hours over a span of 23 years.
He has written a number of books, including the following:
- Koonu ‘ala al-Khayr A‘waanan (Be Helpers in Doing Good)
- Arba‘oona Naseehah li Islaah al-Buyoot (The Muslim Home: 40 Recommendations)
- 33 Sababan li’l-Khushoo‘ (33 Ways of Developing Khushoo‘ in Salaah)
- Al-Asaaleeb an-Nabawiyyah fi ‘Ilaaj al-Akhtaa’ (The Prophet’s Methods for Correcting People’s Mistakes)
- Saba‘oona Mas’alah fi’s-Siyaam (70 Matters related to Fasting)
- ‘Ilaaj al-Humoom (Dealing with Worries and Stress)
- Al-Manhiyaat ash-Shar‘iyyah (Disallowed Matters)
- Muharramaat istahaana biha Katheer min an-Naas (Prohibitions that are Taken Too Lightly)
- Madha taf‘alu fi’l-Haalaat at-Taaliyah (What you should do in the following situations)
- Zaahirat Da‘f al-Eemaan (Weakness of Faith)
- Wasaa’il ath-Thibaat ‘ala Deen-Illah (Means of Steadfastness: Standing Firm in Islam)
- Ureedu an Atooba Walaakin… (I Want to Repent, But…)
- Shakaawa wa Hulool (Problems and Solutions)
- Siraa‘ ma‘a ash-Shahawaat (Striving against Whims and Desires)
He set up the Islam Questions & Answers website (islamqa.com) in 1996 CE, which has remained active up until now.