Praise be to Allah.
The one who denies the life of the Hereafter is a disbeliever, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And they said: ‘There is no (other life) but our (present) life of this world, and never shall we be resurrected (on the Day of Resurrection).’
30. If you could but see when they will be held (brought and made to stand) in front of their Lord! He will say: ‘Is not this (Resurrection and the taking of the accounts) the truth?’ They will say: ‘Yes, by our Lord!’ He will then say: ‘So taste you the torment because you used not to believe’” [al-An’aam 6:29-30]
“Woe, that Day, to those who deny.
11. Those who deny the Day of Recompense.
12. And none can deny it except every transgressor beyond bounds, (in disbelief, oppression and disobedience to Allaah) the sinner!
13. When Our Verses (of the Qur’aan) are recited to him, he says: ‘Tales of the ancients!’
14. Nay! But on their hearts is the Raan (covering of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn.
15. Nay! Surely, they (evil doers) will be veiled from seeing their Lord that Day.
16. Then verily, they will indeed enter (and taste) the burning flame of Hell.
17. Then, it will be said to them: ‘This is what you used to deny!’” [al-Mutaffifeen 83:10-17]
“Nay, they deny the Hour (the Day of Resurrection), and for those who deny the Hour, We have prepared a flaming Fire (i.e. Hell)” [al-Furqaan 25:11]
“And those who disbelieve in the Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allaah and the Meeting with Him, it is they who have no hope of My Mercy: and it is they who will have a painful torment” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:23].
As for convincing these deniers, it may be done as follows:
There are abundant reports concerning the issue of the resurrection from the Prophets and Messengers in the books and religions of divine origin, which were accepted by those nations. So how can you deny it when you believe in what was transmitted to you from a philosopher or the author of a principle or idea, even though what he tells you does not reach the level of authenticity reached the texts that speak of the resurrection?
Reason attests to the possibility of the resurrection, for several reasons:
1.No one can deny that he was created after having been nothing. The One Who created him and brought him into being after he was nothing is Able to bring him back again, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And He it is Who originates the creation, then He will repeat it (after it has been perished); and this is easier for Him. His is the highest description (i.e. none has the right to be worshipped but He, and there is nothing comparable unto Him) in the heavens and in the earth. And He is the All‑Mighty, the All‑Wise” [al-Room 30:27]
“As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it. (It is) a promise binding upon Us. Truly, We shall do it” [al-Anbiya’ 21:104]
2.No one denies the greatness of the creation of the heavens and the earth, because of their vastness and the brilliance of their formation. The One Who created them is able to create man, and recreating them is even easier for Him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind” [Ghaafir 40:57]
“Do they not see that Allaah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and was not wearied by their creation, is Able to give life to the dead? Yes, He surely is Able to do all things” [al-Ahqaaf 46:33]
“Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth, Able to create the like of them? Yes, indeed! He is the All‑Knowing Supreme Creator.
82. Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, ‘Be!’ ___ and it is!” [Ya-Seen 36:81-82]
3. Everyone who has insight can see the earth dry and dead, with no vegetation, then when the rain falls on it, it flourishes and its vegetation comes to life after being dead. The One Who is able to revive the earth after it was dead is able to revive the dead and raise them up. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And among His Signs (is this), that you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) to it, it is stirred to life and growth (of vegetations). Verily, He Who gives it life, surely is Able to give life to the dead (on the Day of Resurrection). Indeed He is Able to do all things” [Fussilat 41:39].
Reality bears witness to the idea that the resurrection is possible. Events have been witnessed in which the dead were brought back to life. In Soorat al-Baqarah, Allaah tells us of five events, one of which is (interpretation of the meaning):
“Or like the one who passed by a town and it had tumbled over its roofs. He said: ‘Oh! How will Allaah ever bring it to life after its death?’ So Allaah caused him to die for a hundred years, then raised him up (again). He said: ‘How long did you remain (dead)?’ He (the man) said: ‘(Perhaps) I remained (dead) a day or part of a day.’ He said: ‘Nay, you have remained (dead) for a hundred years, look at your food and your drink, they show no change; and look at your donkey! And thus We have made of you a sign for the people. Look at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh.’ When this was clearly shown to him, he said, ‘I know (now) that Allaah is Able to do all things’” [al-Baqarah 2:259].
Wisdom dictates that there should be the tesurrection after death so that each soul may be requited according to what it has earned. Were it not for that, the creation of mankind would be in vain, with no value or wisdom behind it, and there would be no difference between mankind and the animals in this life. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?”
116. So Exalted be Allaah, the True King: La ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Lord of the Supreme Throne!” [al-Mu’minoon 23:115, 116]
“Verily, the Hour is coming __ and I am almost hiding it __that every person may be rewarded for that which he strives” [Ta-Ha 20:15]
“And they swear by Allaah their strongest oaths, that Allaah will not raise up him who dies. Yes, (He will raise them up), __ a promise (binding) upon Him in truth, but most of mankind know not.
39. In order that He may make manifest to them the truth of that wherein they differ, and that those who disbelieved (in Resurrection, and in the Oneness of Allaah) may know that they were liars.
40. Verily, Our Word unto a thing when We intend it, is only that We say unto it: ‘Be!’ — and it is” [al-Nahl 16:38-40]
“The disbelievers pretend that they will never be resurrected (for the Account). Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): ‘Yes! By my Lord, you will certainly be resurrected, then you will be informed of (and recompensed for) what you did; and that is easy for Allaah’” [al-Taghaabun 64:7]
If this proof has been explained to those who deny the resurrection and they persist in denying it, then they are arrogant and stubborn, and those who do wrong will come to know by what overturning they will be overturned (cf.al-Shu’ara 26:227). End quote.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him).