Monday 4 Rabi‘ al-awwal 1440 - 12 November 2018
English

What to do when one misses a prayer

2461

Publication : 01-07-1998

Views : 10230

Question

If a person missed a the scheduled prayer.Is it necessary to still pray it at another time. For example if I missed the fajr prayer can I still pray it later on?

Answer

The answer to this question may be found in the following ahaadeeth:

Anas ibn Maalik said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If one of you sleeps and misses a prayer, or forgets it, then let him pray it as soon as he remembers, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… and perform al-salaah for My remembrance.’ [Ta-Ha 20:14]”

(Reported by Muslim, 1104).

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets the prayer, let him pray as soon as he remembers, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… and perform al-salaah for My remembrance.’ [Ta-Ha 20:14]”

(Reported by Muslim, 1097).

Anas ibn Maalik reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer, let him pray it as soon as he remembers, for there is no expiation for it except this.”

(Reported by Muslim, 1102).

And Allaah knows best.

Source: Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Send feedback