Search Options:

Search In:

NewFatwas

1 Is the husband obliged to spend on his wife if she is working? Does he have the right to take anything of her salary?
2 Does he interrupt a person’s prayer if he stretches his arm out to pick up something that is in front of the worshipper?
3 If his non-Muslim relative says to him I love you, can he respond in like manner?
4 He is living alone and has no job, and he is blaming Islam
5 What does it mean to say that affirming a divine attribute dictates negation of its opposite?
6 A Christian woman had a civil marriage, and she wants to have an Islamic marriage with another man without the first husband having divorced her
7 Refutation of the specious argument which suggests that it is permissible to work in a riba-based bank because it is not possible to avoid doing business with people who engage in riba in the modern financial system
8 How did the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) braid his hair when it grew long?
9 Is the wife entitled to a monthly allowance?
10 He divorced her thrice during a period of purity in which he had had intercourse with her
11 Evidence for the prescription of udhiyah, and whether it is obligatory or recommended
12 Is it permissible for the wife to save some of her money and her husband’s money without him knowing?
13 Ruling on working for a company that delivers various kinds of documents and parcels
14 Reasons for the difference of opinion among the fuqaha’ about reciting behind the imam
15 Is it permissible for him to take Canadian nationality because of persecution in his own country?
16 There is a girl who wants to embrace Islam but she is afraid of her family’s mistreatment
17 Some of the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them) who memorised the Book of Allah, may He be exalted
18 Ruling on using a water purification system that wastes a lot of water
19 There is no contradiction between the description of the Qur’an as being clear and explained in detail, and the appearance of the huroof muqatta‘ah in it
20 Guidelines on seeking permission to enter
21 It is Sunnah for the one who recites the verse Sabbih isma Rabbika al-A‘la to say Subhaana Rabbiy al-A‘la
22 Studying fiqh according to a particular madhhab, and advanced books about tafseer and fiqh
23 She has gone to her family’s home and is claiming that she is not married because the marriage was not documented
24 Ruling on saying “good luck” or “bad luck”
25 Refutation of those who quote the Holy Qur’an to reject the Sunnah and justify not acting upon it
26 He said to his wife: “I divorce you” or “I am divorcing you”
27 He is asking about reinterpreting the Qur’an and Sunnah to suit the age
28 Refutation of those who claim that the hadiths which speak of executing the apostate are contrary to the Qur’an
29 Do ultrasound images of a pregnant woman come under the same ruling as images of ‘awraat that it is haraam to look at?
30 Ruling on working as a tax adviser
31 Commentary on the hadith “People are like a hundred camels, among which you can hardly find one that is fit for riding”
32 Her guardians refused to arrange her marriage, so the local imam did the marriage contract without documentation
33 Importance of reflection and taking stock of oneself
34 Ruling on using money, stamps and letters on which there are images representing kufr
35 He is asking about increasing the size of the space that the believer will have in Paradise
36 He is asking about the significance of incorruptibility of the body after death of the followers of some religions
37 He is asking about the meaning of the word “Mahammadim” in the Song of Solomon in the Old Testament
38 Infallibility of the Prophets
39 The covenant taken from the sons of Adam is the fitrah
40 He said to his wife: If you do not do such and such, then you can go, or I don’t need you
41 Should she travel and leave her sister who cannot take good care of herself?
42 Ruling on drinking date and grape juice before it ferments
43 Ruling on using mobile phones and computers if it is proven that they contain gold
44 Did the Prophet of Allah Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) force the queen of Saba’ to become Muslim?
45 A hadith which says that a Bedouin came to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and asked him about many things
46 The imam always recites in Fajr prayer the beginning of Soorat al-Kahf and the end of Soorat al-Jumu ‘ah. What is the ruling on that?
47 False reports than attribute some linguistic errors to the Holy Qur’an
48 Should they join their father in celebrating the Gregorian New Year so that they can get some money from him for their mother who is poor?
49 Is it prescribed to say Bismillah fi awwalihi wa aakhirihi if you did not say Bismillah when beginning an action?
50 He makes a deal to sell perfumes then he imports them
51 The prohibition on masturbation is not from a medical point of view only
52 What is the concept of the Christian Trinity that the Qur’an declares to be false?
53 Could you tell me some of the deeds that the Messenger of Allah did during the Makkan period that indicate his confidence that he was indeed the Messenger of Allah?
54 Imam Ja‘far as-Saadiq
55 Zakaah on a deposit paid to a school, rental or phone company, or to show commitment when entering into bidding
56 Is premature ejaculation one of the defects that must be disclosed when wanting to marry?
57 Does it say anywhere in the Quran that Allah is perfect, with no shortcomings?
58 Ruling on one who is not able to see the wisdom behind one of the rulings of Allah and thinks himself to be more knowledgeable and wiser than Allah
59 Why do we send blessings upon the Prophet and his family in the prayer and not upon the rest of the ummah?
60 Why do we send blessings upon the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him)?
61 Does saying “Yaa Muhammad” or “Yaa Muhammadaah” constitute shirk?
62 He is paralysed and finds it hard to go to the mosque
63 Is the hadith “Verily every Prophet has allies among the Prophets, and my ally is my father and the Close Friend of my Lord, Ibraaheem” saheeh?
64 Is it proven that when the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was born, he rested on his arms, raising his head to heaven?
65 Ruling on eating foods that contain L-cysteine (E920)
66 Concealing people’s sins is a matter that is subject to further discussion
67 Does he have to offer ‘aqeeqah on behalf of himself and his children after becoming Muslim?
68 A baseless hadith about the imam interrupting an obligatory prayer when his mother calls him
69 The wisdom behind the prescription to remove pubic hair and armpit hair
70 Is it permissible to pray “O Allah, if this matter is bad for me, then make it good and decree it for me”?
71 Describing the size of Paradise as being “as wide as the heavens and the earth”
72 Views of the scholars and doctors on the role of the man’s water and the woman’s water in determining the gender of the foetus
73 Commentary on the verse “Who made everything He has created good” [as-Sajdah 32:7]
74 If some pork falls into water and none of its characteristics are changed
75 Does the command to follow the Prophet’s family “Ahl al-Bayt” support the Shi‘i view?
76 He built a house and gave it to his wife instead of her dowry, and he lived in it with her; is it part of her estate?
77 Ibraaheem al-Khaleel (peace be upon him) is the best of the Prophets after our Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), and he has nothing to do with any polytheists
78 She got married with a single witness and no guardian; is that marriage valid?
79 Eating seven dates in the morning and the impact of believing in that on the healing effect
80 Commentary on the verse: “And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance. Verily, you can neither rend nor penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a stature like the mountains in height” [al-Isra’ 17:37]
81 Husband uttering the words of zihaar in front of his wife by way of telling something that happened, asking a question or commenting on someone who said that
82 She is asking about halaal and haraam with regard to freelance work
83 Is it acceptable to call one’s wife by a shortened name that resembles a man’s name?
84 She has joint finances with her husband and she has children from a former husband, and she wants them to have a share like that of her child from her current husband
85 No father is accountable for his child’s wrongdoing, and no child for his father’s wrongdoing
86 There is nothing wrong with working as a train driver in a foreign country
87 (How should she interact with her son whom they abandoned in the hospital as an infant because he was sick and now he is resentful?)
88 If he buys land with unclear intentions, then he builds apartments on it for sale, does he have to give zakaah?
89 He prayed istikhaarah more than once about having surgery, and it was not clear to him which option was better; what should he do?
90 Apostasy of both spouses from Islam and the impact of that on their marriage contract
91 If she was forced into marriage and had a child, is the child to be attributed to the husband?
92 How can it be permissible for Muslims to use missiles and other weapons in war when it is prohibited to punish with fire?
93 Is it permissible for a woman to stipulate that her husband should not offer naafil prayers and so on, and is he obliged to fulfil that stipulation?
94 Riba-based student loans
95 Removing the word ibn (“son of”) from the chain of lineage
96 Ruling on gifts and discounts offered by the bank when loading a debit/credit card
97 Ruling on killing snakes
98 Why is plucking the eyebrows prohibited and circumcision permitted when both of them are changing the creation of Allah?
99 Will the aborted fetus be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection, and will he be asked the reason why he was aborted, as in the case in the female infant buried alive?
100 She is asking about gathering her hair together under the hijab