Praise be to Allah.
Scholars have specified the requirements of the Muslim-woman's proper dress before al-ajanib (lit. foreigners, i.e., those to whom marriage is permissible) from both the Glorious Quran and the Sunnah.
Once a woman adheres to such conditions, she can wear whatever she likes and go out into public places so long as her hijab complies with the Islamic law.
A summary of the requirements of the Islamic dress code for females is as follows:
- It should cover the whole body.
- It should be thick enough, i.e. non-transparent or translucent.
- It should be loose and not tight on her body.
- It should not be decorated or ornate such as to attract onlookers.
- It should not be perfumed.
- It should not be considered libas al-shuhrah.
- It should not resemble the dress of men.
- It should not resemble the dress of the unbelievers.
- It should not bear crosses or depictions of anything with a soul (humans, animals, etc.)
This is a summary of the requirements of the Islamic dress code for women according to the Islamic Shari'ah.
And Allah knows best.